Reports to: Maintenance Director
Benefits: Use of company vehicle during work hours, and use of a company cell phone. 1 week PAID sick time will accrue after completion of three (3) months of service. 1 week of paid
vacation will accrue after completion of one year of employment, 2 weeks of paid vacation will accrue after completion of three years and 3 weeks of paid vacation will accrue after completion of ten
years. Paid owner approved holidays. Birthday Lunches.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: We are a property management company in
downtown Greenville called Stone Property Management. We have been in business for over 30 years managing family owned real estate ranging from low and high end residential to commercial retail and
office. We manage over 250 properties all located within a 5-mile radius from downtown Greenville. As the Greenville real estate market continues to grow, so has our company.
Compensation: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour BOE (Based on Experience) 40 hour work week – overtime
rate applies to any hours over 40, prior approval required.
Work Hours Include but not limited to:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm (30 minute off the clock lunch break and two paid 15 minute breaks)
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm (no lunch break)
*Need to be available at all times for emergency situations (May be asked to check office voicemail on
Education: High School diploma required (college degree
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in maintenance or
Special Skills: Working/basic knowledge in plumping, electrical, HVAC,
appliance repair, and general building trades is required. Must also be proficient in reading,
writing, grammar, and mathematic skills; excellent interpersonal relations and
communicative skills. Must also possess excellent customer service skills.
Responds to general service calls, provides materials for Lead Technician, assist in organization and timely completion of projects. Must have an adequate working knowledge of general construction
and building maintenance. Must be HVAC certified.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually picks up needed supplies/materials so as to not inhibit maintenance crew’s ability to work.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Acts as liaison between Maintenance Director and Lead Maintenance Technician when scheduling work and determining needs for equipment and supplies.
- Report to Maintenance Director regarding work completed referring unusual technical or personnel issues.
- Provide input to performance reviews; monitor work of assigned crew members.
- Assist Maintenance Director in performing inspections and fill out inspection reports for all aspects of construction, repair work,
projects, daily maintenance, equipment and supplies; inspection reports to be reviewed and approved by the Maintenance Director.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of properties and equipment; helping the Maintenance Director to prioritize, schedule, assign and
coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Construct, rebuild and repair properties and equipment.
- Perform various plumbing, electrical and HVAC related duties; cut, thread, assemble and lay pipe; assist in the purchase, installation, repair and maintenance of
various plumbing, heating and air conditioning fixtures; perform welding and metal fabrication; diagnose and repair a variety of electrical issues
- Instructs maintenance crew on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools
and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
- Assists in scheduling and performing minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment(HVAC) on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in
- Assist in the purchase, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring and fixtures; perform trouble-shooting to repair or replace anything maintenance
- Estimate cost of materials for work orders; help assist Maintenance Director in obtaining competitive prices for equipment and
supplies needed by the company.
- Perform a variety of skilled building maintenance including repairs to doors, windows, roofs and other building parts.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment; test and replace circuits; coordinate emergency repairs and large complex projects;
troubleshoot and correct defective switches, receptacles, ballasts and other wiring; perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Assist Maintenance Director in maintaining various records related to labor, materials and work orders.
- Provide input to the Maintenance Director when new tools need to be purchased to replace old worn out tools or tools needed for
scope of work. New tools, equipment and materials to be approved by the President.
- Commit to excellent customer service and keeping all tenant activity and information confidential.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to property (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture,
appliance, etc. to dumpster when necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations as budget and/or property cash flow
- Maintain storage areas in a neat and orderly manner at all times
- Ensures that storage areas remained locked when not in use
- Assists in keeping all properties neat and free of litter
- Performs any additional duties assigned by supervisory staff
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times; must follow and abide by the Stone Property Management Handbook.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs maintenance tasks personally or delegates to maintenance crew. Oversees and inspects work performed by maintenance crew.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle
- Must have experience working with a smart
- Scheduling, laying out and assigning work.
- Appropriate health and safety precautions and procedures.
- Technical aspects of field specialty
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Basic record-keeping techniques (Task)
- Requirements of maintaining properties in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Trade tools, equipment, materials, methods and techniques used in skilled and general
maintenance and repair involving at least one of the following: electrical, heating and air conditioning, locksmithing, plumbing, carpentry, painting, welding or automotive mechanic.
- Current Federal, State and local buiding codes and regulations.
- Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of District
facilities and equipment.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel in the performance of a wide variety of
duties related to the building trades.
- Interpret, explain and apply codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and work orders to others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Estimate labor and materials costs.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Operate a company vehicle and perform heavy physical labor.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to life, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in
temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
This above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a
guideline reflecting the principle activities.