Reports to: Lead Technician / Maintenance Director
Benefits: Use of company vehicle during work hours, 1 week PAID sick time will accrue after completion of three (3) months of
service. 1 week of paid vacation will accrue after completion of one year of employment, 2 weeks of paid vacation will accrue after completion of three years and 3 weeks of paid vacation will accrue
after completion of ten years. Paid owner approved holidays. Birthday Lunches!
COMPANY OVERVIEW: We are a property management company in downtown Greenville called Stone Property Management. We have been in business for over 30 years managing family owned
real estate ranging from low and high end residential to commercial retail and office. We manage over 250 properties all located within a 5-mile radius from downtown Greenville. As the Greenville
real estate market continues to grow, so has our company.
Compensation: $10.00 - $13.00 per hour BOE (Based On Experience) 40 hour work week – overtime rate applies to any hours over 40, prior approval required.
Work Hours Include but not limited to:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm (30 minute off the clock lunch break and two paid 15 minute breaks)
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm (no lunch break)
* MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE *
Education: Completion of elementary school education required. (High
School diploma or college degree preferred)
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in maintenance or equivalent
Special Skills: Basic knowledge in plumping, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair, and general building trades is a
plus but not required. Must have excellent interpersonal relations and communicative skills. Must also possess excellent customer service skills.
Responsible for assisting Lead Maintenance Technician in performing routine building maintenance as well as general construction in one
or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Maintains general cleanliness of job site and vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with completing work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle.
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with performing a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of properties and
- Ensure storage areas are clean and neat
- Ensure storage areas are locked
- Keep all properties neat and free of trash!
- Commit to excellent customer service and keeping all tenant activity and information confidential
- Performs any additional duties assigned by supervisory staff
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times; must follow and abide by the Stone Property Management Handbook.
- Assist Lead Maintenance Technician with performing skilled maintenance and repair on all properties; test and replace electrical; help
coordinate emergency repairs and large complex projects; troubleshoot and correct defective switches, receptacles, ballasts and other wiring; perform routine mechanical and electrical
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with a variety of skilled building maintenance including repairs to doors, windows, roofs and other
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with operating a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand
and power tools to perform repairs and maintenance work.
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with maintaining tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
- Assists Lead Maintenance Technician with performing various plumbing, electrical and HVAC related duties; cut, thread, assemble and lay
pipe; assist in the purchase, installation, repair and maintenance of various plumbing, heating and air conditioning fixtures; perform welding and metal fabrication; diagnose and repair a variety of
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English Fluently
- How to use common hand tools and electrical
- Basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus
- Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of residential
and commercial properties.
- Assisting Lead Technician in prioritizing, scheduling, assigning and reviewing of
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Operate a company vehicle and perform heavy physical labor.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to changes in temperature
and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.